Best Minestrone Soup
Best Minestrone Soup Print Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Large onion
- 4-6 Cloves garlic minced
- 3 Stalks celery diced
- 2 Medium carrots diced
- 1 ½ C. Potatoes diced
- 2 C. Shredded cabbage
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Dried oregano
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Dried basil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 – 14oz. Cans fire roasted diced tomato
- 4 C. Chicken stock
- 3 C. Beef stock
- 1 C. Mini shells or elbow pasta
- 1 15oz. can Cannellini beans
- 1 C. Fresh spinach chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic cook a few seconds then add celery, carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir into veggies for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to a boil. Then add pasta, beans, spinach, rosemary and parsley.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir occasionally, cook until pasta is tender.
- Adjust seasonings add more stock if desired. Serve topped with parmesan cheese and ribbons of fresh basil.