Blueberry Bacon Pancakes
Author's Notes: Fruity pancakes with crispy, savory bacon featuring our Wild Blueberry Dark Balsamic
Blueberry Bacon Pancakes Print Recipe
Yields 8 large pancakes • Ready in 30min
- 1 Lb. Bacon
- 4 Tbs. LeRoux Wild Blueberry Dark Balsamic**
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp. Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbs. Butter, melted
For the Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top. Arrange the bacon on the baking rack, try not to overlap the bacon or it may stick together.
- Brush each side of the bacon with the balsamic. Cook the bacon until crispy. Be careful to keep an eye on it to prevent it burning from the natural sugars in the balsamic. When it’s done, remove from oven and allow to cool, then crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, in a measuring cup, mix the buttermilk with the baking soda, then add to the beaten eggs, mix together using a whisk.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until most of the lumps have disappeared. Mix in the melted butter.
- Heat a griddle over medium flame. Use a ladle or batter dispenser to form the pancakes of the desired size on the griddle. When bubbles are breaking the surface and the edges are becoming firm, sprinkle the pancakes with the blueberries and crumbled bacon. Flip with a spatula and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with syrup of choice (blueberry of course!).
For the Pancakes: