Charred Corn Salad with Crispy Shallots
Author's Notes: Grilling the corn on the cob for this salad gives it a smoky depth that takes the dish from side to main. Add some crumbled feta and a few slices of grilled bread on the side and you've got yourself a complete summer meal. (Adapted from Smitten Kitchen Every Day)
Charred Corn Salad with Crispy Shallots Print Recipe
Serves 4 as a main course, 8 as a side dish.
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying Dressing
- 2 Tbsp LeRoux Champagne Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp LeRoux Basil Olive Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- salt & pepper Salad
- 1 cup green beans, sliced into 2 inch segments
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 Tbsp LeRoux Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- fine salt, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp basil leaves, slivered
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium pan. Add shallot slices and fry until crispy and brown. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Heat the grill, or a heavy cast iron grill pan. Brush the corn with a little olive oil and grill until slightly charred all around.
- Using a sharp knife or an OXO Corn Prep Peeler, remove corn kernels from the cobs. Add to a large serving platter.
- Add cherry tomatoes, green beans, shallot and garlic slices to platter. Gently mix.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, or in an OXO Dressing Shaker.
- Pour dressing over the veggies, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the basil leaves and crispy shallots over the top.
Looking for more delicious recipes?