Cheesy Mini Hasselback Potato Au Gratin
Author's Notes: Served in a Ballarini mini sauté pan, these cheesy mini Hasselback potatoes make for an elegant side dish or starter.
Cheesy Mini Hasselback Potato Au Gratin Print Recipe
Serves 4 • Ready in 1hr 15min
- 2.5 lbs. Baby Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. LeRoux Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Grated Manchego Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Carefully slice the potatoes into thin slices, leaving a 1/8 inch at the bottom, be careful not to slice all the way through the potato. Place in a mini sauté pan and gently toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cream, garlic, cheese, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and pour the contents of the medium bowl over them, arrange the potatoes in a mostly even layer. Place the slices of butter around the potatoes. Return to the oven and roast for another 20-25 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the potatoes are tender. Season with flaky salt just before serving.