Chicken Tikka Masala with Roasted Cauliflower & Red Onion
Author's Notes: This recipe is from April's featured cookbook: “Sheet Pan: Delicious Recipes for Hands-Off Meals” by Kate McMillan. Special thanks to Kelly Bertino, LeRoux Cookbook Club member and customer of LeRoux Kitchen for sharing this mouth-watering picture.
Chicken Tikka Masala with Roasted Cauliflower & Red Onion Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 2hr 45min
- 1 Cup Plain Whole-Milk Greek Yogurt
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1½-inch Piece Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 6 Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 Large Red Onion, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ Cup LeRoux Garlic Olive Oil For the Paprika-Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 ¼ Cups Plain Whole-Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. LeRoux Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cumin
- In a large nonaluminum bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon, ginger, garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and 1 Tsp. salt. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degree Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and transfer to the prepared pan, spreading the pieces out on the pan in a singular layer. Roast for 10 minutes.
- In another large bowl, toss together the cauliflower, onion, and oil. Place in a singular layer around the chicken. Season the vegetables generously with salt and pepper. Roast until the cauliflower begins to brown, about 20 minutes, then stir the vegetables. Continue roasting until the chicken is opaque throughout and the cauliflower is fork-tender, 10-15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the paprika-yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, garlic, oil, smoked paprika, and cumin, and season with salt. Dollop the sauce on top of the chicken and serve right away with the vegetables alongside.