Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
Author's Notes: This summer soup hits the spot on those hot, steamy days when the thought of turning on the stove is unbearable. Top this with some grilled shrimp or fresh lump crab meat for a satisfyingly refreshing meal.
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup Print Recipe
- 1 large European cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted and removed from skin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 scallion
- 1 1/2 c buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp LeRoux French Champagne Vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh chives, dill or other herbs for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender (we love Vitamix!) and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about a half hour. Serve with garnishes of your choice.