Chinese Five Spice Baked Chicken
Author's Notes: This juicy, flavorful chicken recipe comes to us from Chris Toy, our newest cooking class instructor. Use a well-seasoned wok without wooden handles for this recipe.
Chinese Five Spice Baked Chicken Print Recipe
- 5-6 lb whole chicken at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp five spice powder
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp crushed ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 honey or maple syrup
- Combine ingredients and rub over the chicken.
- Place whole chicken in an empty wok.
- Bake breast down in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes per pound on lowest rack. Flip chicken over 3/4 of the way through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Looking for more delicious recipes?