Author's Notes: Topped with crushed candy cane, this is the perfect dessert to indulge in with your friends and family this Christmas.
Chocolate-Peppermint Brownies Print Recipe
Serves 16 slices • Ready in 30min
- 3 oz. Scharffenberger Unsweetened Chocolate**
- ½ Cup Butter (1 stick)
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Light Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp. Nielsen Massey Vanilla or other pure vanilla extract**
- 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder**
- 4 Candy Canes, crushed
- Melt Butter and chocolate in medium sauce pan over low heat.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in sugars. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Bake in buttered 8” x 8” square pan in preheated 350F oven for approx. 15 minutes. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve.