Cinnamon Rolls Print Recipe
- 240g (1 Cup) Warm Milk
- 7g (2 ¼ Tsp., or 1 envelope) Instant Yeast
- 50g (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 240g (2 Cups) Bread Flour
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 210g (1 ¾ Cup) Bread Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 ½ Tbs. Gryffon Ridge Saigon Cinnamon
- ½ Cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- ¼ Cup (1/2 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes, or until slightly puffed. Then, add to sponge:
- Knead for 8 minutes by hand or using the dough hook of a stand mixer. The dough will be sticky, but try to resist adding more flour. Adding too much flour will make the rolls stiff and dry. Using a bench scraper to assist in hand kneading is helpful.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover loosely and allow to proof for 1 hour. Filling:
- Roll dough into a 24”x16” rectangle.
- Spread the butter across the dough.
- In a bowl, mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together then sprinkle across the buttered dough.
- Starting at the long edge, roll the dough up to form a log.
- Divide the log into 12 even pieces and place cut side up in a 9”X13” baking pan.
- Cover and proof in the refrigerator overnight, or at room temperature for about 1.5 hours. The dough will be puffed.
- Bake in preheated 375˚F oven for 20-25 minutes, checking for doneness after 20 minutes. Rolls will be dark golden brown Optional Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, and using electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Spread glaze on rolls. Serve warm or at room temperature.