Shallot Lemon Compound Butter
Author's Notes: We made this compound butter with grilled oysters in mind. The lemon, shallot and parsley are natural friends of the oyster, but this butter can be used with any other seafood, and gets along swimmingly with roasted potatoes and grilled steak.
Shallot Lemon Compound Butter Print Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Butter can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in a log in plastic wrap.