Cranberry Curd Tart
Author's Notes: Impress everyone with this brilliant pink tart.
Cranberry Curd Tart Print Recipe
Serves 8 • Ready in 1hr 20min
- 1 ¼ Cups Raw Hazelnuts
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) Package Fresh Cranberries
- 2 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar, divided
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Tsp. Finely Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Tsp. Finely Grated Lime Zest, divided
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 Cup (1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, room temperature, cut into pieces plus 6 Tbsp. softened Butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Roast hazelnuts on a sheet tray for 10 to 15 minutes, until skins darken and crack. Put roasted nuts in a clean towel and rub off skins. Discard skins and let nuts cool.
- In a food processor, grind nuts with half the rice flour until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add remaining rice flour and salt and pulse.
- Cream sugar and butter in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon for a minute or two until pale and thick. Add nut mixture and combine until dough comes together.
- Press dough evenly into a 10-inch tart pan. Prick bottom with a fork and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake chilled tart shell about 15 minutes until lightly brown. Cool.
- Bring 12 oz. cranberries, 1 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Reduce heat; simmer until cranberries burst and most of the liquid evaporates, 12–15 minutes. Let cool. Purée in a blender until very smooth.
- Cook purée, eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest, lime juice, salt, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. lime zest in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (bowl should not touch water), stirring with a rubber spatula and scraping down sides of bowl often, until curd thickens and coats spatula, 8–10 minutes. Let cool until just warm.