Cucumber Mint Paletas
Author's Notes: Paletas are traditionally Mexican freeze pops, made with fresh fruit juices and vegetables. Light and refreshing, these frozen treats are destined for hot summer days, and best enjoyed while sitting outside. We love these cucumber, lime and mint paletas, which are cooling, tart and as rejuvenating as an afternoon at the spa.
Cucumber Mint Paletas Print Recipe
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1/2 C freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 C fresh mint leaves
- pinch of kosher salt
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer, and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place cucumber, lime juice, cooled simple syrup and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add mint leaves and pulse a couple times just until the mint leaves begin to break down and are still visible as flecks.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. If using Zoku's Quick Pop Maker, simply pour mixture in and freeze. If using a traditional popsicle mold and sticks, freeze without sticks for 30 minutes, and then insert popsicle sticks into the center of each pop. Freeze until solid.