Eva's House Granola
Author's Notes: This not-too-sweet granola is perfect for a simple breakfast or delightful snack. Use your favorite mix of nuts and dried fruits to make your own “house granola”.
Eva's House Granola Print Recipe
Makes about two quarts.
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups nuts and/or seeds – pecans and cashews used here but whatever you have on hand can work. ¼ cup ground flax seeds or sesame seeds is a good addition to the total volume of nuts.
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup LeRoux Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons LeRoux Maple Dark Balsamic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup dried fruit – apricots and cranberries used here or use whatever you like / have on hand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients except dried fruit together in a large bowl until everything is evenly coated. Spread mixture evenly in a half sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring once and rotating pan about halfway through cooking time. Reserve bowl, no need to wash.
- When granola is lightly golden and nuts are toasty, remove pan from oven. Reserve sheet pan.
- Scrape granola back into reserved bowl and stir in the dried fruit. Transfer granola back to the sheet pan to cool, granola will crisp up as it cools.