Eva's Pumpkin Bread
Author's Notes: A simple and delicious pumpkin bread to celebrate fall. Double the recipe to use the whole can of pumpkin puree and make two loaves – one to share and one to keep. This pumpkin bread comes together in one bowl by using a kitchen scale to weigh ingredients right into the bowl instead of using measuring cups – saves on dishes! The pictured loaf was made using a Nordic Ware Honeycomb Loaf Pan.
Eva's Pumpkin Bread Print Recipe
Makes one standard 6 cup loaf.
- ½ can pumpkin puree (about one cup, or 7.5 oz, 213g)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (90g) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60g) water
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup (210g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt Spices:
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger OR
- 1 ½ tsp Gryffon Ridge pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 6-cup loaf pan. If using a detailed loaf pan such as a Nordic Ware pan, prepare your pan with Baker’s Joy spray.
- Mix all ingredients except all-purpose flour in a large bowl. Whisk to blend until mixture is fully combined.
- Gently fold in flour and mix until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out cleanly.
- Let loaf rest in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from the pan to cool fully on a rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.