Fresh Fish Piccata
Author's Notes: We're excited to share this recipe from a recent cooking class we hosted with Chef David Turin. This elegant and delicious fish dish made with butter, wine, and lemon sauce is not only impressive but super easy to prepare.
Fresh Fish Piccata Print Recipe
Serves 4 • Ready in 20min
- 1 Lb. Fresh Fish – ocean perch, hake or sole are all great
- 2-3 Tbs. LeRoux Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Arborio Rice Flour – freshly milled and pretty coarse
- Grated Peel of 1 Lemon
- ¼ Cup Dry White Wine
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 2-3 Tbsp. Butter
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Pat fish fillets dry and dredge lightly in the rice flour.
- Fry until fish develops a nice color on both sides and is cooked through – 3 minutes per side is a good guess for time – place on a serving platter or individual plates – place in a warm oven if making more fish.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add lemon juice, lemon peel and capers, whisk together and then add butter, whisking constantly until creamy – add parsley.
- Pour over hot fish and serve.