Hatch Green Chile Cheeseburgers
Author's Notes: Use high-quality ground beef here, and all you'll need is a little salt and pepper in the patties. We love the addition of Hatch green chiles and melted cheese to these burgers, giving them the Southwestern kick we crave.
Hatch Green Chile Cheeseburgers Print Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup chopped roasted Hatch green chiles
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 potato rolls
- tomato slices
- Place the beef in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix with your hands and form into 4 equal patties.
- Place patties on a hot grill. Cook 3 minutes and then flip. Place two cheese slices on top of each patty. Cook for another 3 minutes. Remove patties from grill.
- Grill the buns for a minute until toasted.
- To build the burgers, place lettuce and tomatoes on the bottom half of the buns. Place burger patties on top, and spoon a few tablespoons of Hatch green chiles on the patties. Cover with the top bun and dig in.