Grilled Oysters with Compound Butter
Author's Notes: Grilled oysters are an easy and delicious way to serve our favorite bivalves. You can top them with plain butter or any type of compound butter that strikes your fancy. We love this lemony shallot compound butter with our grilled oysters. Make sure you toss some bread on the grill as well- you'll need it to soak up all that tasty melted butter.
Grilled Oysters with Compound Butter Print Recipe
- 1 cup shallot compound butter
- 1 dozen oysters, cleaned and shucked
- Place the shucked oysters on a heavy duty grill pan. We love to use the Craftsmen Cast Iron Oyster Pan.
- Using a small spoon, scoop about 1 tsp compound butter and place on top of each oyster.
- Place pan on a hot grill and close lid.
- Grill until butter is melted and bubbling, and the oysters are turning golden brown at the edges.
- Serve hot.