High Heat Roasted Salmon
Author's Notes: The secret to perfectly silky roasted salmon is a 500˚F oven; and at that temperature, it’s not only lush and delicious but goes together in just the time it takes to preheat your oven.
High Heat Roasted Salmon Print Recipe
Serves 4 • Ready in 20min
- 2-2 ½ Lb. Salmon Fillet
- 1 Red Onion, halved and sliced
- 4-6 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. LeRoux Lemon Olive Oil**
- 1 Tsp. Salt**, divided
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper**
- Preheat oven to 500˚F, with a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (makes clean-up much easier!) Spread the onions on the bottom of the sheet pan, then top with 2-3 sprigs of the fresh rosemary. Place the salmon filet on top of the rosemary and onions. Season fish with ½ tsp. salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Place the remaining rosemary sprigs on top of the salmon, spreading them across the top. Carefully place the lemon slices so they completely cover the salmon. Sprinkle on the remaining ½ tsp. salt, then drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Place the pan on the rack in the middle of the oven, and quickly close the door so as not to lose heat. Roast for 18 minutes. Do not over-cook. Remove the fish from the oven and serve with rice or red skin potatoes.
Looking for more delicious recipes?