Island Salad with Avocado and Grilled Pineapple
Author's Notes: A refreshing grilled salad perfect for a hot summer day. We love this served with grilled pork loin or Jerk chicken.
Island Salad with Avocado and Grilled Pineapple Print Recipe
- 3 hearts of romaine
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into 1" thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, grated using a Mircoplane
- 1/4 cup LeRoux Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp Gryffon Ridge ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Grill the pineapple on an outdoor grill, or place on a baking pan and cook under the heat of the broiler. Cook until golden brown, and starting to darken or blister in places. Flip to cook both sides evenly. Let cook and cut into 1" cubes.
- For the dressing, whisk together the garlic, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Use a paring knife to score the flesh of the avocado into a grid. Using a large spoon, scoop the avocado out of the skin. The avocado should be in small cubes.
- Wash the romaine, and cut into large pieces. Dry and place the lettuce on a large platter. Toss with half the dressing. Place the avocado, pineapple and red onion in a large bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Mound over the lettuce and serve.