Lemon Sheet Cake
Author's Notes: It's time to celebrate! Feed an entire party with this deliciously tangy, sweet Lemon Sheet Cake topped with a fresh and quick lemon glaze. (Adapted from Jewish Food Society).
Lemon Sheet Cake Print Recipe
Yeilds one 9-by-13-inch cake • Ready in 50min
- 1 1/2 Cup Cake Flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup tightly-ish packed Lemon Zest (about 4 large lemons)
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cups LeRoux Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Yolks
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 Cups Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted
- 5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13x9x2-inch pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the zest and using your fingers, rub the zest into the sugar until fully incorporated. Add the extract and olive oil and whisk. Add the eggs and yolks, one at a time, whisking between each addition. Add the juice and whisk again; and then the crème fraiche, whisking a final time to incorporate—don’t be afraid to whisk relatively vigorously throughout all of this.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once, and using a rubber spatula, very gently fold the dry into the wet.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 33 minutes, rotating at the half way point, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a moist crumb or two.
- Set the pan on a cooling rack and let the cake cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert the cake right side up on to the rack, and rest it in a baking sheet with sides. If you want to serve it from the pan, you can skip this step.
- To make the glaze, place the confectioners’ sugar and the lemon juice in a large bowl. whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Gently pour the glaze over the cake, using an offset spatula to spread the glaze, if it pools, and let the cake cool until room temperature.
Looking for more delicious recipes?