LeRoux Mushrooms on Toast
Author's Notes: Superbly savory, this simple dish is just mushrooms on toast, zhuzhed up with garlic, sherry and crème fraiche. It's easy to make, feels decadent to eat, and is great as a meal or a snack!
LeRoux Mushrooms on Toast Print Recipe
- 2 Tbs. LeRoux Mushroom Sage Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. of Mushrooms, cremini or Portobello (or your favorite). Half torn, half sliced.
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves, finely grated using a Microplane**
- Salt and Pepper to taste**
- 4 Tbs. Sherry or Marsala**
- ½ Cup Crème Fraiche
- Thick Slices of Country Bread or Sourdough, for toasting
- 2 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium/medium high heat, add olive oil and swirl to coat pan. When oil begins to shimmer, add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add pinch of salt to help mushrooms release liquid.
- Add thyme and garlic and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper and continue to sauté for a minute more, then stir in sherry or Marsala. Stir in crème fraiche and let mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
- While mixture is simmering, toast bread slices until golden, then lightly butter them and place on warm plates. Or, grill buttered slices in cast iron pan for a perfect, golden brown crunch.
- Top with mushroom mixture then sprinkle with chopped parsley.