Lime Shortbread Cookies
Author's Notes: Tart and not too sweet; perfectly delicious with tea or coffee.
Lime Shortbread Cookies Print Recipe
Yields 24 cookies • Ready in 1hr 15min
- 10 Tbs. Butter, room temperature
- 2 Cups. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs. LeRoux Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil**
- 1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- Grated zest of 4 limes
- 3 Tbs. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Tbs. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbs. Cornstarch
- ¼ Tsp. Salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add Persian Lime olive oil, lime zest, juice and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Using parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 ¼” logs. Chill at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from fridge, remove parchment paper, and slice dough into 1/8” thick rounds.
- Bake cookies until light golden around the edges (8-10 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool.