Mixed Berry Trifle with Molasses Ginger Cookies
Author's Notes: A delightful mixed berry trifle is perfect when berries are abundant and sweet. Layered between clouds of cream and crumbles of ginger cookies, this is the perfect summer dessert.
Mixed Berry Trifle with Molasses Ginger Cookies Print Recipe
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-8 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1 Tbsp Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 14 ginger molasses cookies (we used Standard Baking Co.'s)
- Wash all berries, picking them over for quality. Spread out on towels to air dry. If using strawberries, hull and cut into quarters.
- Place berries in a medium bowl and drizzle with white balsamic. Gently mix until berries are coated. Set aside.
- Place mascarpone, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. On low speed, add the cream. Gradually increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form.
- The trifle can be made in one large trifle dish, in individual glasses or plastic tumblers. To layer, start with a layer of fruit on the bottom, followed by a layer of the cream filling, then a layer of cookie crumbles. Repeat until the vessel is almost full.
- Top the trifle with a dollop of the cream filling and a bit of fruit. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.