Mushroom & Gruyère Tart with Hazelnut Haricots Verts
Author's Notes: This savory mushroom and gruyère tart makes for an easy and elegant appetizer or light meatless dinner. Recipe adapted from “Sheet Pan: Delicious Recipes for Hands-Off Meals” by Kate McMillan.
Mushroom & Gruyère Tart with Hazelnut Haricots Verts Print Recipe
Serves 2-4 • Ready in 25min
- All-purpose Flour, for dusting
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 5 Oz Gruyère Cheese, shredded
- 2 Leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise, white and pale parts thinly sliced
- ¼ Lb White Mushrooms, brushed clean and thinly sliced
- 4 ½ Tbsp. LeRoux Herbes de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Large Egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- ¾ Lb Haricots Verts, trimmed
- ¼ Cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 12½-by15-inch rectangle. Fold into thirds, transfer to the prepared pan, and unfold, positioning the dough so there will be room for the haricots vert on the pan. Fold over about 1 inch of each side of the dough to create a border.
- Sprinkle the dough with the cheese, leaving the borders uncovered. In a bowl, toss together the leeks, mushrooms, and 3 Tbsp. of the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the cheese. Brush the borders with egg mixture. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together the haricots verts and the remaining 1½ Tbsp. oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on the pan next to the tart. Continue baking until the tart is golden brown and the haricots verts are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the hazelnuts over the haricot verts.
- Let the tart cool slightly, then cut into slices and serve the haricots verts on the side.