Author's Notes: Oysters Rockefeller is a luxurious appetizer that turns any occasion into a very special one.
Oysters Rockefeller Print Recipe
Yields 24 oysters • Ready in 20min
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 Bunch Watercress
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds, ground
- 1 Tsp Baron’s Blaze Hot Sauce
- 24 Fresh Oysters, shucked
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Finely chop garlic in processor. Add spinach, watercress and green onions to garlic. Process, using on/off turns, until mixture is finely chopped. Combine butter, fennel and hot sauce in processor. Process until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange oysters in half shells atop oyster grilling rack. Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until spinach mixture browns on top, about 8 minutes.