Panko-Crusted Baked Cod with Roasted Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes
Author's Notes: Baked cod tastes great and is a healthy option for dinner! This recipe by our employee Eva is light and delicious, as well as the panko coating gives the dish a great crunch.
Panko-Crusted Baked Cod with Roasted Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 1hr 10min
- 16 oz. Small Red Potatoes or Gold Potatoes, halved (I like to use a combination of both)
- Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper
- 4 Tbs. LeRoux Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil**, divided
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved (looks pretty if you use both red and gold)
- 2 Shallots, quartered and sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, grated using a Microplane**
- ¼ Cup Dry White Wine**
- 1 ½ Pounds Cod, cut into individual serving pieces
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 Tsp. Gryffon Ridge Fair Winds Fish Seasoning**
- ¾ Cup Panko Crumbs
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place halved potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. olive oil over potatoes, stirring to combine. Bake for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are beginning to brown, stirring halfway through baking time.
- Add tomatoes, shallots, garlic and white wine to baking dish. Stir to combine and return pan to oven. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to break down. Meanwhile, combine the lemon juice with the remaining olive oil and Fair Winds seasoning. Brush cod fillets with the herb mixture on both sides, then season with salt and pepper. Gently place fillets over the potatoes and tomatoes. Add the panko crumbs to the remaining juice/olive oil mixture and gently pat on top of the fish. Return the pan to the oven. Cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 12-15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.