Pasta With Creamy Yogurt Herb Sauce
Author's Notes: Our CSA share keeps delighting with fresh summer veggies. In this summer pasta, we utilized the kale, zucchini, and parsley from our share, and made a creamy sauce from whole fat Greek yogurt.
Pasta With Creamy Yogurt Herb Sauce Print Recipe
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise into fine wedges
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, and torn into pieces
- LeRoux Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tsp Korean chili flakes
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 16oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup grated parmiggiano reggiano
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Heat a large skillet (about 12") over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the kale and toss until coasted with oil and staring to brown.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook until kale is bright green and softened. Remove kale from pan and add another swirl of olive oil.
- Add the zucchini and onion along with a pinch of salt. Saute over medium heat until onion is softened and starting to brown. Add chili flakes. Set aside.
- While zucchini and onion are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti until just al dente (follow directions on package).
- Drain (but do not rinse!) pasta. The starch from the pasta cooking water will help your sauce stick to the noodles. Reserve pasta water.
- Meanwhile, toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium low heat. Monitor closely and remove from heat once the nuts are beginning to brown and releasing their oils. Let cool slightly and chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, herbs, lemon zest and juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 cup pasta water along with the hot pasta and toss with tongs. The sauce should be thick and glossy. Add kale, zucchini, walnuts and Parmesan. Add a little more pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Swirl pasta into bowls and sprinkle with more Parmesan.