Peach and Blueberry Slab Pie
Author's Notes: This flaky slab pie, packed with fresh blueberries and yellow peaches, is baked in a sheet pan, making it easy to transport and slice. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream all summer long!
Peach and Blueberry Slab Pie Print Recipe
Serves 8-10 • Ready in 2hr 30min
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbs. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups (4 sticks) Unsalted Butter, very cold
- 1 Cup Ice Water
- 1 Large Bag of Frozen Peaches
- 1 Qt. of Fresh Blueberries
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 2 Tbs. LeRoux Honey Ginger White Balsamic**
- 2 Tbs. Butter
Preparation:For the crust:
- Cut butter into ¼” cubes. Add dry ingredients and butter to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of coarse cornmeal. Refrigerate for at least one hour (or overnight) Add ¾ of the water to the dough and roughly mix. Divide into 2 balls and wrap in cling film, flattening into 2 discs. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. This dough can now be used for pies or frozen.
- Chop or slice peaches into thin slices or ¼” chunks. In a large skillet on medium heat add all ingredients except the blueberries. Stir to combine until sugar and flour are thoroughly dissolved, the peaches are thawed and their liquid has reduced. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, roll out one disc of dough large enough to just cover a half sheet pan. Lift the dough using the paper and transfer to the pan, leaving the paper underneath. Press the dough into the corners and spread the filling in a thin, even layer. Sprinkle with fresh blueberries. Roll out the remaining disc of dough and cover or decorate the pie as you see fit. Crimp the edges and brush the edges and top with milk and sprinkle with sparkling sugar (optional). Bake at 350˚F until the crust is golden brown.