Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Blondies
Author's Notes: All the good things come together in this recipe. You can use natural peanut butter if that's your jam, but we think these are best when made with the conventional stuff. Salty/sweet and gooey, these blondies are best served warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Blondies Print Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees. Lightly butter and flour an 8” square baking pan, tap out excess flour.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and cook, stirring often until mixture is bubbly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the peanut butter until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the beaten egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake 20 minutes. Cool, cut and serve.