Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Author's Notes: Looking for a tasty alternative - or addition - to your Turkey Day table? Check out Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, a delish and easy-to-make confection that Raquel Ferrera, Manager of Pie Chicks on Martha’s Vineyard effortlessly demonstrated at our Vineyard Haven store. No wonder it’s the official state treat of Maine! “I ate four the first time I saw them,” says Ferrera who left college to attend cooking school. Lucky for us she made the switch!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Print Recipe
Yields 10 whoopie pies • Ready in 20min
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Ginger
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Cloves
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- In one bowl, whisk all of your dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Whisk brown sugar and oil together. Add egg and whisk. Whisk in pumpkin purée until combined. Add to dry bowl and whisk until just combined.
- Scoop or spoon batter onto a sheet pan lined with parchment, trying to keep them circular in shape. Bake for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Using a paddle attachment, or hand mixer, cream all ingredients together until fluffy and no visible sugar.
- Pair up two of the whoopie pies together so they match in size. In between, add some of your filling as to make a sandwich.