Roast Leg of Lamb
Roast Leg of Lamb Print Recipe
- 1 (5-6 lb.) Leg of Lamb, bone in
- 2 Garlic Cloves, slivered
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 2 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbs. Mustard
- 3 Tbs. Flour*
- 2 Tsp. Salt + 2 tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Pepper + 1 tsp.
- 4 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine, Cabernet or Pinot Noir *The flour can be substituted with finely ground matzo meal. Please make any necessary adjustments for keeping kosher.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from lamb. Make small incisions in the lamb and stuff with slivered garlic.
- Make a paste with the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, flour, salt and pepper. Slather the entire leg of lamb with the paste, then place in a roasting pan.
- Pour the wine into the roasting pan. Place the carrots, potatoes and onion around the lamb, then season with additional salt and pepper.
- Place the roaster in the preheated oven and roast until internal temperature reads 135°F on an instant read thermometer, about 20 minutes/lb.
- Remove lamb to a platter and loosely cover with foil; rest 15 minutes.
- Remove veggies to a bowl, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Transfer lamb to a carving board and slice across the grain, working perpendicular to the bone. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious recipes?