Roasted Tomato Feta Pasta
Author's Notes: This viral roasted feta tomato pasta broke the internet, and for good reason. The feta melts into the burst tomatoes and creates a foolproof one pan sauce.
Roasted Tomato Feta Pasta Print Recipe
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz feta
- 1/2 cup LeRoux Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 lb fusilli pasta, cooked (1 cup pasta water reserved)
- fistful fresh basil, torn
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Add tomatoes to baking dish or braiser (we used Le Creuset's 3.75 qt covered braiser). Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil and salt. Add garlic. Nestle feta in the middle of the tomatoes. Top with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle feta with red pepper flakes and sumac. Bake for 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting.
- Remove from oven and mix roasted feta and tomatoes with a wooden spoon, smashing tomatoes as you go. Toss with cooked pasta, adding some pasta water as needed. Add torn basil and toss to combine. Serve with more fresh basil.