Author's Notes: For when you're craving that summer-time taste of s'mores but there's still snow on the campfire, whip up these s'mores brownies. With a graham cracker crust and layer of gooey marshmallows on top of rich brownies, these brownies are beyond delicious, and a great project to have the kids help with.
S'mores Brownies Print Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups graham crackers crumbs (finely crushed graham crackers)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mini marshmallows
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and ¼ cup sugar. Add 5 tbs. of melted butter and stir together.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a buttered 8” x 8” square pan.
- For the brownies, melt 1 stick of butter and chocolate in medium sauce pan over low heat. When melted, remove from heat and stir in sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan with the graham cracker crust. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes in preheated 350˚F oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When brownies come out of oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips, let sit for 2 minutes, then spread melted chocolate over the top of the warm brownies.
- Change the oven setting to broil. Spread mini marshmallows all over the top of the melted chocolate. Place the pan on top shelf under the broiler, and cook until marshmallows are lightly golden brown. Keep an eye on them as you don’t want them to burn.
- Remove from oven and cool. When cutting the brownies, use a neutral oil on your knife blade so the marshmallows don’t stick.