Salmon Bowl with Olive Pesto
Author's Notes: The more greens the better for this dish, which packs a bunch of nutritious greens and some very healthy fats into one delicious bowl.
Salmon Bowl with Olive Pesto Print Recipe
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 cup cured black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, ribs removed and chopped
- 4 4oz filets of salmon
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 2 medium beets, steamed, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- LeRoux Olive Oil, for drizzling
- In a blender or food processor, add parsley, cilantro, cured olives, almonds, vinegar, miso and black pepper. Blend until coarsely pureed. Add a few splashes of olive oil to achieve a looser consistency. Scrape pesto from blender/food processor and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add just a kiss of olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Carefully add the salmon fillets, skin down, to the skillet and immediately press down on the fillets with a fish spatula, making the skin nice and crisp.
- Wipe out skillet and return to stove. Heat over medium high and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the kale and chard and sautee until beginning to brown. Add 1/4 cup water and cover the skillet. Steam greens until tender and toothsome. Season with salt and pepper and 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, until skin is crispy and fish is starting to become opaque. Gently flip each fillet and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To assemble bowls, spread 2 Tbsp of the pesto on the bottom of bowl. Add a handful of mixed greens to one half of the bowl. On the other half, add sauteed greens. Top with a salmon fillet, steamed beets, 1/2 hard boiled egg, 1/4 sliced avocado and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.