Sopa Xochitl (Zucchini Soup)
Author's Notes: A delicious slightly spicy soup you'll want to make this summer when zucchini is plentiful in the garden.
Sopa Xochitl (Zucchini Soup) Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 45min
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Small Zucchini, chopped
- 1 10oz Bag Frozen Corn
- 1/4 Cup Zia Hatch Green Chilies**
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese (grated or cubed)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Heat butter in 4qt. Dutch oven or saucepan, add onions and sauté until tender. Add corn, green chilies, salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add broth and heat until boiling. Reduce heat, cover and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and heat until hot. Add cheese and stir. Garnish with cilantro.