Spicy Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs
Author's Notes: A brilliant pink border make these deviled eggs ready for any party. The kick of heat from the chilis is a fine match for the creamy yolk. We love these flavorful deviled eggs with a spicy margarita.
Spicy Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs Print Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 2 cans sliced beets <1 cup water <1/4 cup sugar Filling:
- 2 Tbsp Hatch chiles
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Raye's mustard
- 1.5 tsp Gryffon Ridge Korean Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Gryffon Ridge cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives
- 2 fresh jalapenos
Prep the eggs:
- Hard boil the eggs, cool and peel. Place in medium bow.
- Heat vinegar and beets (with their juice) until boiling, and pour over eggs. Let pickle for 24 hours. To fill:
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Combine yolks with the Hatch chiles, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, spices, cilantro and chives. Fill each egg half with a tablespoon of filling, or use a piping bag to fill each hole
- Slice the jalapenos and remove seeds and ribs. Use slices to garnish eggs.