Herby Summer Pasta Salad
Author's Notes: This cool, fresh pasta salad is perfect for the hot dog days of summer when produce is ripe and plentiful and as much eating as possible is done outdoors. This salad will hold up well at a potluck or picnic, too.
Herby Summer Pasta Salad Print Recipe
- 1 lb short pasta, like lumache or fusilli
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, cut in a chiffonade
- 2 cups broccoli
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp LeRoux Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup LeRoux Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup LeRoux Basil Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While water is boiling, make the dressing by whisking together the shallot, mustard and vinegars in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add 1/2 tsp salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Adjust for seasoning.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the pasta, mixing until all of the pasta is coated. Dressing the pasta while hot allows it to absorb the dressing. Set bowl aside, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch for 2-3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Immediately remove and place in an ice bath to cool. Once cool, remove the broccoli to a paper towel to drain.
- Once the pasta has cooled, stir in the tomatoes, scallions and broccoli, followed by the mozzarella pearls. Gently stir in most of the basil, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Transfer to a serving platter or a chilled Le Creuset braiser to keep the pasta cool.
- Drizzle a little extra basil olive oil over the salad, and sprinkle remaining basil on top.