Super Easy Super Fudgy Brownies
Author's Notes: For when you need to whip up a quick batch of something warm, chocolatey and super-satisfying. Fold in chopped nuts, if you like, or butterscotch chips in place of the chocolate chips. If you want to gild the lily (and of course you do) whip up the fudge icing to top your fresh brownies with.
Super Easy Super Fudgy Brownies Print Recipe
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder Fudge Icing
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter and chocolate in medium sauce pan over low heat.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Add chocolate chips or other additions.
- Bake in buttered 8” x 8” square pan in preheated 350˚F oven for approx. 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the fudge icing: In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring sugar, butter and milk to a low boil. Let boil for 30 seconds then remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until they are melted. Immediately pour over the brownies when they come out of the oven.
- Cool before cutting.