Suzie’s Fresh Catch Paella
Suzie’s Fresh Catch Paella Print Recipe
- 6 Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- ¼ Cup LeRoux Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 Chorizo Sausages quartered lengthwise then sliced into triangles
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Pepper**
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed & finely chopped or grated
- 1 28 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Paella Rice**
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock**, warm
- 2 15 oz. Cans of Seafood, Clam or Lobster Stock**
- 1 Tsp. Saffron Threads**
- ½ Tsp. Smoked Paprika**
- 1 Doz. Littleneck Clams, scrubbed
- 1-2 Lbs. Mussels, scrubbed & debearded
- 15-20 Jumbo Shrimp, shelled & deveined with the tails left on
- 1 Cup Frozen Baby Peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. Flat Leaf Parsley, freshly chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in paella pan** over medium-high heat.
- Saute the chorizo until browned; add onion and garlic and stir until onion is soft and translucent and garlic is fragrant. Push to outer edges of the pan.
- Add chicken, and brown first side, turn chicken and brown on underside. While chicken is browning, add stock to a medium stock pot, add saffron and smoked paprika and bring to a boil.
- Using a steamer basket, first add the clams and cover until clams have opened. Take them out and add mussels to the steamer basket and cover until the mussels have opened. Take them out and reserve with the clams.
- When chicken is browned and almost thoroughly cooked through, remove them to a sheet pan and put in a preheated 350F oven.
- Add tomatoes to the paella pan, and cook until mixture begins to caramelize. Stir in rice and mix until all grains are coated.
- Gradually ladle the heated stock into the pan, stirring as rice begins to absorb the liquid. When rice is mostly cooked (takes about 25 minutes), add the uncooked shrimp, tucking them into the rice throughout the pan, then add the chicken into the pan, then the clams and mussels; tucking them all into the rice throughout the pan, then sprinkle the peas over the dish, turn the heat up for approx. 1 -2 minute until you can smell the rice toasting on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Looking for more delicious recipes?