Suzie’s Sheet Pan Greek Lemon Chicken
Author's Notes: Made entirely in one sheet pan, the easy homemade lemon-garlic marinade transforms simple ingredients into a flavorful Greek chicken and vegetable dinner.
Suzie’s Sheet Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 45min
- 6 Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 3 Lemons, zested and halved
- 2 Clove Garlic, grated using a Microplane**
- 4 Tbsp. LeRoux Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 Bag, Small Gold Potatoes, halved
- 1 Lb. Carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 Medium Red Onion, halved, quartered and cut into chunks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Position two oven racks on the top and bottom of the oven. Place a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack and preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Place zest of 1 ½ lemons, 2 tablespoons of the oregano, 2 tablespoons of the lemon olive oil, one of the grated garlic cloves, ½ tsp. salt and a couple of grinds of fresh pepper into a medium-sized bowl. Add the chicken thighs and using your (clean) hands, make sure all of the chicken is coated with the herb/oil mixture.
- Remove the hot sheet pan from the oven & arrange the chicken thighs in the center of the pan, return to the oven while prepping the vegetables. In a second bowl (or the cleaned 1st bowl), add the remaining 2 tbs. of lemon olive oil, the remaining lemon zest, the remaining grated clove of garlic, 2 tbs. of fresh oregano and the halved lemons. Add the prepared vegetables, and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the vegetables around the chicken. Return the pan to the bottom rack and continue to roast for 10 minutes. Move the pan to the top rack and continue to roast for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken registers 165˚F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and using the tongs, squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken and vegetables. Move the food to a serving platter, then drizzle the entire dish with the pan juices.