Chile Chocolate Brownies
Author's Notes: Delectable fudgy brownie recipe featuring our Espresso Dark Balsamic and Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Chile Chocolate Brownies Print Recipe
Serves 16 slices • Ready in 30min
- 3 oz. Scharffenberger Unsweetened Chocolate
- ½ Cup Butter (1 stick)
- 3 Tsp. LeRoux Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Light Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tsp. LeRoux Espresso Dark Balsamic
- 1 Tsp. Nielsen Massey Vanilla or another pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 3 Tbs. Milk
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat along with 2 Tsp. of the LeRoux Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil; stir regularly until the butter and chocolate melt and it all comes together.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugars. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla, dark chocolate balsamic and salt until combined. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Bake in buttered 8” x 8” square pan in a preheated 350 degree oven for approx. 20 minutes.
- For the frosting: In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring 3 Tbsp. butter, 3 Tbsp. milk, 1 Tsp. LeRoux Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2/3 cup sugar to a boil. Let boil 30 seconds, remove from heat and add 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 Tsp. LeRoux Espresso Dark Balsamic. Stir until chocolate is melted. Immediately pour over brownies as soon as they come out of the oven. Let cool, cut and serve.