Thin-Sliced Cucumbers with White Balsamic Dressing
Author's Notes: A perfect side dish for a hot weather meal, this light, and easy cucumber salad is an excellent accompaniment to seafood, chicken or grilled red meat. This recipe was adapted from The Taste of Country Cooking by Edna Lewis.
Thin-Sliced Cucumbers with White Balsamic Dressing Print Recipe
Serves 8 • Ready in 15min
- 3 Medium-sized Tender Cucumbers
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2/3 Cup 12 Year A-Premium White Balsamic
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Finely Cut Chervil
- 1/8 Tsp. Pepper
- Wash cucumbers, leaving rind on if they have not been sprayed or waxed, and slice very thing with a sharp paring knife. Put the sliced pieces into a deep bowl. Sprinkle them with the salt. Mix a bit and set a heavy bowl on top of the cucumbers with a weight in it so that the cucumbers release their water.
- Put everything in the refrigerator. After the cucumbers have been sitting an hour or more, remove them from the refrigerator and drain off the water. Mix the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Add to the cucumbers, sprinkle over with finely cut chervil and return to the refrigerator until needed.
Looking for more delicious recipes?