Delicata Squash Stuffed with Mushrooms and Rice
Author's Notes: These work as well on the Thanksgiving table as they do on a meatless Monday.
Delicata Squash Stuffed with Mushrooms and Rice Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 50min
- 3 Delicata Squash
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. LeRoux Cobrancosa Unflavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lb.Cremini or Button Mushrooms, trimmed and diced small
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced small
- 3/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Long-Grain White Rice
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut 1 inch off the top and bottom of each squash. Use a melon baller or small spoon to scrape out the seeds. Sprinkle the inside of the squash with salt and pepper, then stand them upright on an oiled baking dish. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium straight-sided skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms, onion, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are golden, 8 minutes. Add rice and broth and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and heat broiler. Divide rice mixture among squash halves, sprinkle with Parmesan, and broil until melted, 2 minutes.