Author's Notes: This cozy wonton soup comes to us from our newest chef instructor, Chris Toy. This super simple recipe comes together in minutes, and is a great activity to get the little ones involved in helping make the wontons.
Wonton Soup Print Recipe
- 4 quarts chicken broth
- 2 oz dried mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp crushed ginger
- Place broth in a large stock pot or dutch oven. Add dried mushrooms and heat broth over high heat until it simmers.
- Make wonton filling by combining ground pork, crushed garlic, and crushed ginger in a bowl.
- Place about 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl.
- Place empty wonton skin on work surface so it looks like a baseball diamond with you sitting just behind home plate. Place a small (1tsp) of filling on pitcher's mound.
- Dip a couple fingers into the bowl of water and paint around the bases. Fold home plate up to second base, making a triangle.
- Seal the edges and start a new wonton!
- After all the wontons are made, bring broth to a rolling boil and place the wontons in one at a time. After a minute of boiling, place the sliced bok choy into the soup, followed by the chopped scallions.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.