Wusthof Classic Ikon
You tread lightly in the kitchen, and lean on an arsenal of tools to help you prepare meals. Unadorned, practical items fill your kitchen shelves, there to help get the job done.Shop Cook Level
Wusthof knives are built to last for generations. Family owned for over 200 years, Wusthof knives are still crafted in Solingen, Germany. Known as the “City of Blades,” Solingen has over 2,000 years of blacksmithing history and today Wusthof’s modern proprietary Precision Edge Technology produces a refined edge that is 20% sharper and effortlessly chops, slices, and dices.
Forged from a single piece of high carbon German steel, the Classic Ikon line stands out due to a beautiful contoured handle that is comfortable and distinctive. Because of the recessed bolster, the entire length of the blade may be sharpened. Wusthof’s Classic Ikon line delivers perfectly balanced knives with a sleek, comfortable handle, ideal for tackling a long list of prep work.
- Forged from a single piece of German high carbon stainless steel using Precision Edge Technology (Petec)
- 20% sharper edge
- Twice the edge retention
- Balanced, full tang handle made with durable polyoxymethylene for a smooth finish and durability
- Hand wash with soap and water and dry immediately.
- Store in a knife black or knife guard to protect the knife and to ensure safety.
- Do not use knives on metal, stone or glass surfaces.
- Regular use of honing steel will maintain the knife’s edge.
- Sharpen with a pull through sharpener or whetstone. Knives may be professionally sharpened. With regular use of honing steel, sharpening should not be needed more than once or twice a year.