LeRoux Green Beans
LeRoux Green Beans Print Recipe
** Available at LeRoux Kitchen
- 1 Lb. Fresh Green Beans, trimmed
- 1 ½ Tbs. Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 ½ Cups Frozen Pearl Onions (about 7 oz.), thawed and patted dry
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1/3 Cup LeRoux 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar**
- 1 Tbs. Granulated Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt**
- ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper**
- Cook beans in boiling water in a large covered saucepan until crisp-tender. Immediately plunge beans into a cold ice-water bath. Drain well.
- Heat 1 tbs. of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pearl onions to the pan, stir often until the veg begins to caramelize and become tender (about 10 min.).
- Add balsamic and sugar to the pan and cook until reduced to a light syrup consistency (3-4 min).
- Add beans, salt & pepper and remaining ½ Tbs. butter, toss to coat and serve immediately.