Peach and Blueberry Slab Pie
Author's Notes: This flaky slab pie, packed with fresh blueberries and yellow peaches, is baked in a sheet pan, making it easy to transport and slice. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream all summer long!
Peach and Blueberry Slab Pie Print Recipe
Serves 8-10 • Ready in 2hr 30min
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbs. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups (4 sticks) Unsalted Butter, very cold
- 1 Cup Ice Water
- 1 Large Bag of Frozen Peaches
- 1 Qt. of Fresh Blueberries
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 2 Tbs. LeRoux Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 2 Tbs. Butter
Preparation:For the crust:
- Cut butter into ¼” cubes.
- Add dry ingredients and butter to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of coarse cornmeal.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Add ¾ of the water to the dough and roughly mix. Divide into 2 balls and wrap in cling film, flattening into 2 discs.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. This dough can now be used for pies or frozen.
- Chop or slice peaches into thin slices or ¼” chunks.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add all ingredients except the blueberries.
- Stir to combine until sugar and flour are thoroughly dissolved, the peaches are thawed and their liquid has reduced.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, roll out one disc of dough large enough to just cover a half sheet pan.
- Lift the dough using the paper and transfer to the pan, leaving the paper underneath.
- Press the dough into the corners and spread the filling in a thin, even layer. Sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Roll out the remaining disc of dough and cover or decorate the pie as you see fit.
- Crimp the edges and brush the edges and top with milk and sprinkle with sparkling sugar (optional).
- Bake at 350˚F until the crust is golden brown.
Looking for more delicious recipes?