Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Author's Notes: This creamy, dreamy, dairy-free dessert is super simple to whip up and can serve as an after school snack or an elegant course at a dinner party. (Recipe adapted from Well Plated).
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse Print Recipe
- 4 oz Scharffenberger Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1-3 Tbsp honey (depending on how sweet you want it
- fresh raspberries for serving
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler, then transfer to a bowl and cool until just barely warm.
- While chocolate is cooling, halve and pit the avocados, then scoop into a food processor fitted with a steel blade (you can also use a high power blender such as a VitaMix).
- Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, nut milk, vanilla, honey and salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Spoon into glasses and serve immediately as a pudding, or for a thicker, mousse-like consistency, refrigerate until well chilled (2 hours or overnight). Serve topped with berries, coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings.