Grandpa Frank's Easy Apple Cake
Author's Notes: This recipe comes from LeRoux Crew member Eva’s grandfather, Frank. Family lore is that he loved to make this cake for his poker buddies. It mixes up quickly in just one bowl with a fork and is the perfect dessert for those first chilly evenings of fall. It’s superb served warm with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.
Grandpa Frank's Easy Apple Cake Print Recipe
- 2 medium apples
- Juice of half a lemon (optional; use if apples are really sweet)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup LeRoux Butter Olive Oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour or GF cup-for-cup substitute
- 1 tsp Gryffon Ridge apple pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts
- Core and cube apples. Place in a medium mixing bowl. If your apples are very sweet, add the juice of a half lemon.
- Mix in the egg until fully combined and then add remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour into a 9x9 or similar baking dish (We use a 9” pie pan).
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.