Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Soda
Author's Notes: Refreshing, tasty and thirst-quenching. Made with our LeRoux Black Cherry Dark Balsamic, once you try this healthy Strawberry Balsamic Soda recipe, you'll be hooked!
Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Soda Print Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 tablespoon LeRoux Black Cherry Dark Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup water, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Club soda
- Sliced strawberries and basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Roast the strawberries for 20 - 25 minutes until the berries are slightly sticky and caramelized.
- Puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth with a ½ cup water until smooth. Strain the mixture and discard the solids.
- In a small saucepan combine the ½ cup water, ½ cup of sugar and the basil and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let the syrup cool completely and then strain the syrup through a sieve into a clean container and discard the solids. Add the strawberry puree to the basil simple syrup and stir to combine.
- To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons of the strawberry syrup into an 8-ounce glass, top with club soda, and stir.
Looking for more delicious recipes?